V is for Vendetta

Since being vindicated by the NSW Supreme Court on the 24th of February and subsequently having our authority to fundraise reinstated on the 18th of April this year, the AVN has been the subject of no less then four separate government investigations.

1- The Health Care Complaints Commission received a 90-page complaint by Ken McLeod – member of Stop the AVN and a man whose obsession with me seems to border on the psychotic. McLeod filed the original complaint, resulting in a 12-month ‘investigation’ by the HCCC and a public warning – both of which were later deemed to be illegal by the NSW Supreme Court. It appears that McLeod must spend hours every day trying to prove that I am a liar and that the AVN is responsible for global warming, the current financial crisis and the death of every child from infectious disease no matter where in the world it occurs (this is only slightly tongue in cheek). I will be uploading McLeod’s full complaint and the HCCC’s response next week – I am just waiting to receive the last 67 pages which were sent to me by post.To their credit, the HCCC told McLeod that they had no jurisdiction to investigate either myself or the AVN (we were both named as respondents in the paperwork) based upon his evidence – some of which was gleaned by searching the archives of our email discussion list going back as far as 1998!

Despite the HCCC’s rejection, it is obvious that McLeod will continue to try and get me charged with some sort of crime and will not stop trying to shut down the AVN until one of us is imprisoned or he is finally provided with the psychiatric support he seemingly needs.

Posted in Vaccines Tagged with: , , , , , , , , ,
23 comments on “V is for Vendetta
  1. Vera says:

I don’t understand the title. There is no compulsory vaccination in Australia.

• admin says:

Vera, nocompulsoryvaccination is the name of the AVN’s blog where this post is copied from and unfortunately, there IS compulsory vaccination in Australia. Vaccination is compulsory for those in the military, for students who need to go into a hospital setting in order to do their practical work and for many if not most hospital workers in NSW. Perhaps you’re not in Australia and this is why you were unaware of these policies?

• susan says:

My son is a med student and was not questioned about his poor vaccine schedule so why do you say compulsory? No idea about the military.

• susan says:

Oh and we are in Australia.

• Toni says:

I am ex Army in Australia – and YES it is compulsory in the military. And I don’t agree with that – we are all free, we all have rights, I am no longer in the military brainwashing machine.

• admin says:

Good for you Toni! And since when does volunteering to help protect your country mean you give up the right to stay healthy in your own way? What are we fighting for if our own government can treat us as though we have no rights?

• Angie says:

I remember reading a document dated 1919 from the Judge Advocate General’s office in the US that informed of a serviceman in the US being sentenced to 25 years hard labour for refusing the smallpox vaccine. I know its past history but wow!

• Neraiah says:

Wise decision Toni, you literally dodged a ton of BS and military brainwashing. Military is supposed to be about serving a country safety but today our military are being used to raid a country for it’s natural resources, wealth and to gain more power.
              As for vaccinations mutated dna, chemicals & preservatives straight into the blood stream. Years from now, people will look back and shake their heads – wow those people were insane.
              Further must read on vaccines – Beauchamp. And all soil scientists today recognise germs don’t cause disease, microbes mutate to assist facilitate decomposition. Disease is prevented by common sense – a balance of mental, physical and emotional health practices.

• susan says:

Vaccination is compulsory for those in the military, because its bad enough our soldiers die from bombs and bullets. Do you want them to die of disease?

for students who need to go into a hospital setting in order to do their practical work and not infect patients or get infected from patients. Sounds sensible to me.

and for many if not most hospital workers in NSW. Perhaps you’re not in Australia and this is why you were unaware of these policies? Well Actually I am in NSW and Australia. And no they are not policies. They are high recommendations.

• Toni says:

Did you know that one theory about the Gulf War Syndrome is linked to vaccination? If you want to take you own life into your hands, feel free, if others want to take their health into their hands, let them be free to do so!
          …and if you think this is an isolated vaccine incident, you have been brainwashed Susan.

“Some scientists have attributed the onset of chronic fatigue to the administration of vaccinations. Several members of the scientific community have reinforced this argument against vaccinations by establishing a correlation between Gulf War syndrome, which is predominantly characterized by chronic fatigue, and the vaccination program carried out by the military during the Persian Gulf War.” http://www.naturalnews.com/025595_vaccinations_vaccines.html#ixzz1vNpFnOsE

• Dane says:

I am a big advocate of investigating efficacy of medicines (including vaccines) and natural medicines, in fact I am starting a study on various Aboriginal bush medicines and their use as novel antimicrobial agents (with the view that the research can be fed back to the Aboriginal community and not to a pharmaceutical company). I read your link above but not one of the references in their study was a peer reviewed journal. I think the peer review process assures it is scientific method that is used in a study and not personal bias or pride in a belief. At the end of the day, ANYONE can write a book. Indeed it is those that challenge a view with scientific investigation that achieve the greatest recognition (eg. Darwin, Einstein, who challenge the scientific norms of their times) and so I can assure you there is no scientific conspiracy (as many seem to believe). In the meantime, I will be getting my vaccines because I still think the evidence supports their benefits. I also think the evidence supports the need for herd immunity as well so I am compelled to support this idea.

• Anon says:

Dane, Darwin had flawed ideas which in light of known science discredited many of his claims. A great deal of his thesis he admitted had no known evidence so was not held to the standard you suggest he had.(poke assumption not fact)

Though you sound sincere may i suggest not to assume but thoroughly investigate – you will then be surprised that the efficacy of vaccines claimed in their own reports show the concept of herd immunity is a misnomer.
              As even with blanket immunisation at 100% the claimed efficacy of vaccines means the diseases would still effect the population.(for instance the government stance to vaccinate hep b – its listed efficacy is at best 60%, even with antibodies verified. However hep b is given to babies at birth yet its two main methods of transmission is sexual contact and intravenous drug use. I don’t know if you have children but that’s far from a normal risk for babies.
              Bear with me, the point is hep b has one of the higher risks for neurological damage. Now as a parent in a country with clean water good sanitation and clearly sex and drugs not being an issue the risk for this vaccine vs benefit would suggest avoiding this vaccine. Would you not agree?

What i would say to you is this – i believe you should be entitled to vaccines if after investigation and you decide its worth the risk you should have the choice. However an expectation to impose health choices on others is a very dangerous and disingenuous approach to life and health. I to should have freedom of choice.

For your consideration.

• Chris says:

“Did you know that one theory about the Gulf War Syndrome is linked to vaccination?”

And did you know that one theory about the universe says that the Earth is at the centre of it? A handful of people, some of whom might even hold scientific or medical qualifications, proposing a hypothesis is not evidence for anything, not even correlation, let alone causation.

Beware fuzzy thinking.

• Mim says:

I am a hospital worker for NSW Health and I can verify that vaccination is compulsory for almost all hospital staff.. at least for any front line staff (i.e. nurses and ward clerks). I know a nurse who refused to get vaccinated, and as a result was no longer able to keep their position.

• John Lewis says:

Does that include all the Doctors on staff and Doctors who come into the hospital who are not directly on staff ??

• Chris says:

Yes, it typically includes all staff directly involved in clinical care, or the handling of body fluids (e.g. laboratory staff are required to be vaccinated for Hep A/B, etc.).

• Gareth says:

Susan, I am a nursing student in Australia. I’m wondering about what you said about your son the med student, because I can tell you as a nursing student if our vaccination cards are not up-to-date or able to be presented for checking, we are sent home from the hospital.

Its the crap they put in the vaccinations that concerns me, not necessarily the idea of the vaccination itself.

• emma says:

I am a nurse in WA and I had a bit of difficulty with Curtin University whilst I was a student regarding Conscientious Objection to the long list of vaccines they said we needed to get. I was originally told I could object no worries and when I did then I needed to have a meeting with a Clinical Placement lady who basically tried to make/bully me into getting them by saying I may not get a placement etc etc but this only made me more determined and I got all my practical placements in all the hospitals without a problem. When I started to work in the hospital this year I just needed to sign a form that said I objected to the vaccines that the hospital recommended. I think its more they try to make everyone think its compulsory and its only when you say that you dont want to have a list of vaccines you learn its only ‘recommended’.

• Saman says:

in each of those events. Also ABC has hnedruds of presenters and producers who are not all in agreement with each other!Protesting about Dorey’s appearance by contacting Woodford Festival managers, the Queensland government and indeed individual ABC producers and all other media, especially in Queensland, is good. We should encourage everyone to do this. There are a lot of people at the Woodford festival who want to know about science and another good idea would be to simply offer the festival an engaging health speaker who is pro-vaccination but not setting it up as a debate. Just another talk. I produced an ABC Science Lounge in the Eureka bar /tent for the duration of the Woodford festival in 2004 for ABC. It was popular and loved by the audience and Paul Willis, who was with us every day, spent a lot of time on stage talking about the real science of vaccination among dozens of other science subjects, but it was a popular topic. People were hungry for good scientific information about everything. And the audience appreciated what we were doing. We wanted to do a Science Lounge each year and build up a solid science-based audience within that massive Woodford audience but we didn’t have the resources after that first time. cheersFrankie

2. Peter says:

If your vaccinated and if you are protected by this then why worry if I’m not vaccinated your protected but your not because vaccination are not full protection that claim or imply when saying fully immunised

3. Lina says:

great website! keep up the good work, I know it’s tiring trying to get through to the brainwashed but you are very eloquent. my son has a severe disability due to medical negligence and the MMR (after only one dose).

4. vicki says:

being a parent is the most rewarding job I have had and my obligation to keep my children safe from harm is at the top my list. Putting the responsibility of my childrens health on my shoulders is my choice. if you choose to give that responsibility away to the government and medical practitioners that is your choice. I wont think any less of those who choose that path and only ask that I receive the same back. I have been blessed to have healthy children who are happy and enjoying being kids. nobody has the right to disrupt or harm my children in any way shape or form for having parents who are doing what parents do, loving their children and doing what we believe is right for us. I hope every parent can just go back to being parents and stop being pawns in an awful money making society… good health to everyone

5. Frankie says:

If vaccination is so wonderful why must it be forced?

Sponsor the No Jab No Pay legal challenge!

51562312 - closeup of jydjes gavel, legal code, scales of justice on the rough wooden background. law concept

Help the fight against the No Jab No Pay laws, sponsor the AVN's legal challenge fund! Together let's take back informed consent and vaccination choice in Australia!

Join Renew Sponsor

11396008 - happy young mixed race ethnic family playing with bubbles in the park.

For over 20 years, the AVN has been supported by the generosity of our members. Become an AVN member to support free and informed health choice. Your donation - no matter how small – will be very much appreciated!

Please consider joining / renewing your membership and/or Sponsoring today.

Follow us  Facebook Twitter